As the Chief Architect for Initiate Government Solutions, I am a crucial driver of our overall solution design and architecture that supports our customers' and clients' business strategies. I serve as our organization's expert for creating and validating business requirements and analysis outputs and work to translate them into an architecture that will result in a successful solution.
I have shaped multi-disciplinary design teams throughout development and contract phases for the $10 Billion VA EHR Modernization project. I have created project roadmaps for actionable business mandates aligned to the Strategic Plan. Additionally, I helped architect the VX130 Data Migration Engine for the Veterans Affairs, which sends gigabytes of data per day to Cerner's HealtheIntent with an error rate of less than .25% and four-nines uptime over twelve months.
I routinely participate in the hiring and training process by educating less experienced architects/developers and interns, conducting Microsoft training via my Microsoft Certified Trainer certification, and recently facilitated the Authority to Operate (ATO) for the VINCI research environment and developed a comprehensive playbook for future project managers to follow.
Using the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform, I spearheaded an AWS Data Ingestion and Analytics environment using S3, EMR, RDS, EC2, CloudWatch, SNS, and Route53. SAS Viya, QuickSight, and Tableau are used to conduct data analytics.
I actively utilize technologies ranging from Cloud to Storage to Software across many industries, including Healthcare, Agriculture, and Education. Additionally, I hold several certifications from Microsoft and AWS and am actively working to obtain Google Cloud Professional Certifications.
I'm always looking to grow my personal and professional network. Feel free to connect via LinkedIn or contact me directly at Justin@Jammin411.com.
Background & Expertise
Chief Architect - Initiate Government Solutions
September 2020 - Present
• Spearheaded AWS Data Ingestion and Analytics environment using AWS services, Oracle, SAS Viya, and Tableau which correlated to a new 3 million dollar contract
• Implemented CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps and Github Actions resulting in a 98% decrease in deployment errors and 99% reduction in man-hours associated with code deployments
• Facilitated Authority to Operate (ATO) for VINCI research environment and developed comprehensive playbook for future project managers to follow in the future
• Complied with regulatory guidelines such as HIPPA, NIST, FISMA, and FEDRAMP in design architecture, ensuring adherence to strict privacy and security laws
Senior Systems Consultant - Windstream
February 2020 - September 2020
• Supervised staff of 20+ personnel and managed budget totaling $3 million annually
• Devised CI/CD policies and procedures across the organization which resulted in a 95% reduction of deployment and build errors
• Onboarded 60% of Windstream development teams to Azure DevOps and Azure Pipelines
• Amplified cross-functional organizational capacity by collaborating across departments on priorities, functions, and common goals
• Reduced costs and optimized spending via restructuring of budgets for labor, capital assets, inventory purchasing, and technology upgrades
Chief Architect - Initiate Government Solutions
June 2015 - February 2020
• Shaped multi-disciplinary design team throughout the development and contract phases for $10 Billion Dollar VA EHR Modernization project
• Created project roadmaps for actionable business mandates which aligned to Strategic plan
• Educated less experienced architects/developers and interns and trained new team members which lowered onboarding time by 25% and increased velocity of new team members in the first 90 days by an average of 30%
• Architected VX130 Data Migration Engine for the Veterans Affairs which sends gigabytes of data per day to Cerner's HealtheIntent with an error rate of less than .25% and four-nines uptime over twelve months
• Migrated legacy systems to newer technologies, reducing costs and enhancing the efficiency of all computing tasks
Senior NetSQL Developer - IDEA Public Schools
March 2014 - June 2015
• Mobilized team of developers and business analysts engaged in $7-million project for creation of new Business Intelligence systems
• Overhauled Data Warehouse which stores all grades, demographics, and vital information necessary to generate complex and actionable dashboards increasing average test scores by 12% across the district
• Established redundant and fault-tolerant hardware infrastructure capable of handling over 1 million IOPS with four nines up-time that decreased the use of paper by 99%
• Slashed data entry errors by 78% by delivering an online grade entry system that allowed teachers to enter grades online rather than on paper, then online by interns
Senior Software Engineer - Tom Rowe & Associates
April 2013 - March 2014
• Boosted efficiency of and turnaround time for advertisers by 99% by creating a self-service portal that allowed advertisers to build ads that were fully compliant with business policies
• Remodeled front-facing customer website which boosted traffic by 300% in the first six weeks after distribution
• Applied automated deployment techniques using Jenkins which cut the error rate by 95% and negative user feedback by 45
• Orchestrated efficient large-scale software deployments, including testing features and correcting code
IT Project Manager & Senior Software Engineer - Invoice Cloud
February 2012 - April 2013
• Interviewed, hired, onboarded, and mentored 20+ staff by coaching daily, leading performance reviews, and offering constructive feedback
• Reduced new client onboarding from an average of 73 days to 17 by implementing consistent coding standards, project tracking, and proper asset management strategies
• Overhauled communication strategies with clients which led to a 19% increase in customer satisfaction survey scores in the first 90 days after implementation
• Trained help-desk staff and amplified cross-training with the development team decreasing ticket response time from 13 days to 2 in the first 60 days of operation
• Stimulated relationships with management teams to plan, develop, coordinate and execute technical strategies
• Managed 100+ internal personnel, contractors, vendors, licenses, and SSL certificates ensuring routine reviews and touch bases
Lead Desktop Engineer - Teleperformance USA
August 2004 - February 2012
I held a range of positions with Teleperformance including Assistant Center Manager, Lead Desktop Engineer, and Software Engineer. As a Lead Desktop Engineer, I was responsible for six physical locations located around the United States. I had five desktop engineers who reported directly to me who handled on-site support at each of the locations. I was directly responsible for a network of nearly 8,500 computers across my six locations. I handled all network, systems administration, and reporting for all locations.
2017 - 2019
Penn State - Master of Software Engineering
This program helped cement my understanding of Software Engineering through software analysis, design and architecture, system verification, and data storage and retrieval. As a graduate I have been able to implement new technologies in one of the fastest growing professions with confidence.
2006 - 2015
Kaplan University - Bachelor of Applied Science
This is a concise description of your educational experience. Use this space to provide background on the degree or qualification you received, including any important recognitions received along the way.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - App Builder
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer certification validates that I have the skills needed to build modern mobile and/or web applications and services.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
I currently hold three MCSE certifications in Azure DevOps, Data Management and Analytics, and Business Intelligence which has given me the ability to manage one of the largest data warehouses in the world.
Microsoft Certified Trainer
Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCTs) are the premier technical and instructional experts in Microsoft technologies. The MCT program is for educators around the world who actively deliver training on Microsoft technologies.
Business Process Improvement
Budgeting and IT Strategic Planning
System/Network Development and Administration
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
My Skills & Accomplishments
"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment, and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."